Sunday, September 17, 2017

New York Fashion Week Part 1



Even though I love NYFW street style, I also love watching the designers dress and ideas, also dreaming about wearing them. I went over pictures and pictures of the shows trying to find my favorites but there were so many I decided to dive this in two posts, the first one (this one) is bit more formal, not your average everyday wear (is anything in NYFW your average everyday wear?). Anyways here are a few of my favorites:
Aunque me encanta el estilo de calle de NYFW, tambien me gusta ver los vestidos de los diseñadores y las ideas, además de soñar con usarlos. Mire fotos y fotos de los diferentes desfiles tratando de buscar mis favoritos pero había tantos que tuve que dividirlo en dos posts, el primero (esté) siendo un poco más formal, y no la ropa que usas todos los días (¿Hay algo en NYFW que sea para todos los días?). Igualmente, acá hay algunos de mis favoritos:

Brandon Maxwell






I saw Karlie Kloss closing the show in that beautiful Cinderella like dress (even though I am not a big Disney princess fan) and I was in love. I haven’t heard about the designer before and when I started seeing the dresses from the show I loved them all. You can tell the pink and red trend I mentioned in my previous post are still present even in the runway. Vi a Karlie Kloss cerrar el desfile con este vestido estilo Cenicienta y estaba enamorado (y eso que no soy fan de las princesas de Disney). Nunca había escuchado de este diseñador antes y cuando empecé a ver los vestidos del desfile me enamore de todos. Podes notar que la tendencia rosa y roja que mencione en mi post anterior también están presentes en la pasarela.

Carolina Herrera



Throwback to back in High School when my friend and I would joke about going over to Carolina Herrera just to cry at how beautiful everything was. I love Carolina Herrera (are you surprise since Karlie Kloss is in their fragrance ads?). Their dresses are always so classy and feminine, I love them. She always loves to experiment with the pattern and mixing them up.
Me encanta Carolina Herrera (¿Sorprendidos ya que Karlie Kloss hace la publicidad para su perfume?). Me hace acordar a cuando estaba en el colegio con mis amigas y decíamos de ir a Carolina Herrera a llorar porque todo era tan lindo. Sus vestidos siempre son clásicos y femeninos, me encanta. Siempre está experimentando con diferentes estampados y mezclando.


Christian Siriano




I’ve been following this designer for a while and I was so in love with his dresses. When I saw the diversity on his show, I knew I love him even more. It's so important to bring out models of different shapes and races, to prove fashion is for everyone and he nailed it.  His dresses always look so classy but ready for any occasion which makes them so amazing.
Sigo a está diseñador hace un tiempo, y me encantan sus vestidos. Cuando vi lo diverso que era su show, sabia que lo ama todavía más. Es tan importante poner modelos de diferentes razas y figuras para demostrar que la moda es para todos y el lo logro. Sus vestidos son siempre muy clásicos pero listos para cualquier ocasión lo cual los hacen increíbles.

Jason Wu



Transparency has been a big trend lately and Jason Wu put it on his dresses. This dresses are a bit less formal than the rest but I’m as obsessed. I found transparency so amazing, I love to wear shirts like this to add more fun to a plain outfit.
Las transparencias son una gran tendencia últimamente y Jason Wu lo puso en sus vestidos. Estos vestidos son un poco más informales que el resto pero estoy obsesionada. Encuentro la transparencia increíble, me gusta usarlo en remeras para agregarle algo a un outfit normal.

Marchesa





Oh Marchesa, how I love this designer. Even the name sounds like a fairytale, sounds like Paris to me (Is this my synthesia speaking or do you all feel this?). I honestly thing I found my dream dress here, all of this dresses are a dream. Marchesa is so elegant so unique, I feel like every little bit is taken care and put in place just to be there, nothing is extra and nothing is less. Yes I adore it.
Ay, Marchesa, cómo amo este diseñador. Hasta su nombre suena de un cuento de hadas, suena a París para mi (¿está es mi sinestesia o todos siento esto?). Honestamente, creo que encontre mi vestido perfecto, todo estos vestidos son muy lindos. Los de Marchesa siempre son tan elegantes, tan únicos. Siento que se encargan de todo, cada detalle está pensado, nada de más y nada menos. Si, lo amo.


Oscar de la Renta




I always associated Oscar de la Renta with princess like gowns but after seeing their show this year I’ve notice they do a different style as well and I love it! Again, more color this year, fashion designer are bringing pink and red but we also have some pop of yellow. Their dresses are a dream, like are they even real?!
Siempre relacione Oscar de la Renta con vestidos cómo de princesa pero después de ver su show este año me di cuenta que tiene otros estilos también y me encanta. Una vez más, los diseñadores está poniendo rosa y rojo en los desfiles pero también Oscar de la Renta agregó amarillo. Sus vestidos son increíbles, ¿son reales?



Ralph Lauren




I saw this show from Instagram and I was like: are those cars?! Apparently the show took place in Ralph Lauren’s garage and this are all his cars! Ralph Lauren seems to be experimenting  with new patterns and I really love it. Being honest the first few looks I wasn't sure but then these ones really caught my eyes. And again the suits are so beautiful.
Vi el desfile en Instagram  y me quede: ¿eso son autos? El show fue en el garaje de Ralph Lauren y podias ver toda sus coleccio de autos. El diseñador parece que está experimentando con estampados y me encanta. La verdad es que los primeros no me gustaron mucho pero después me atraparon. Y de vuelta con los trajes, son muy lindos.

Which ones were your favorites?

Love
Pili

Photo credits: Vogue

No comments:

Post a Comment