Thursday, August 31, 2017

August Favorites





It's the last day of August, and I am hearing people talk how it literally feels like August lasted forever, I agree! Has it really been only a month since I started the new semester? I am a little bummed that August it's over since it means winter is over and Spring is right around the corner for the South Hemisphere. Although I enjoy a bit of warmer weather and less rain, I don’t really enjoy summer, plus it means finals are getting closer. I haven’t really done a favorites since I’m only starting with the blog, so I picked up some of the things I’ve been using and loving this month/s for this post to show them off as my favorites:
Es el ultimo dia de agosto y estoy escuchando a las personas decir cómo agosto se sintió cómo de 33 días, ¡Estoy de acuerdo! ¿En serio hace un mes empecé el cuatrimestre? Estoy un poco triste que agosto termino, ya que signfica que terminó el invierno y la primavera está llegando para el hemisferio sur. Aunque me gusta el clima más cálido y menos lluvia, no me gusta mucho el verano, además significa que los finales se acerca. Nunca hice un post sobre mis favoritos ya que estoy empezando, así que elegir un par de cosas que estuve usando y amando este mes/es para este posts para mostrar mis favoritos:



I mentioned in a previous post my obsession for bralettes. There is something so comfortable about them that I could wear them all day. I recently picked up this one from Urban Outfitters while they were in sale and I love it. Since all of my previous ones had lace on them it was hard to wear them with a regular tight t-shirt but this one is perfect! I also love the extra strap it has.
Mención en un post anterior de mi obsesión por los bralettes. Hay algo super cómodo de ellos que me dan ganas de usarlos todos los días. Hace poco Urban Outfitters tuvo descuentos y elegí un par. Mis bralettes anteriores tenían encaje y eran difíciles de usar con remeras lisas y apartados, pero este es perfecto. Me encanta, ademas, la tira extra que tiene.

Metallic Backpack
Similar here and here
I’ve owned this backpack for a year now, but I honestly couldn’t imagine it not having it. I take it everywhere, and I do mean everywhere. I got it while I was in Poland last year and it survived that entire trip as well as my trip earlier this year. The size is perfect, since I usually don’t carry much when I travel, probably my camera, wallet and small bag with toiletries.
Tengo está mochila hace un año ya, pero no puedo imaginarme no teniéndola. La llevo a todas partes, en serio a todas partes. Me la compre en Polonia el año pasado y sobrevivido todo ese viaje, además del viaje que hice a principio de este año. El tamaño es perfecto porque cuando viajo no me gusta llevar mucho: mi cámara, billetera y un neceser.




I love my old wallet, but unfortunately it was getting too small. Ever since I got my Starbucks membership (yep, I am that person) as well as my student ID (Yes, after 3 years), I needed a bigger one. I love this one because it has a lot of credit card slip pockets and two different sections (so I can keep my random papers and receipts in one). The design is so pretty, I was literally in love with it since I didn’t want a “grown up” look for my wallet anymore.
Amaba mi billetera vieja, pero por desgracia era chica.. Desde que tengo mi membresia de Starbucks (sip), ademas de mi tarjeta de estudiante (si, después de 3 años me la dieron), necesitaba una mas grande. Me encanta está porque tiene muchos bolsillos para las tarjetas además de dos secciones diferentes (así en una tengo papeles y tickets). El diseño es muy lindo, me enamore desde que la vi porque no quería algo de “adulto” para mi billetera.




This book is a must for every women out there (of course men can too!). Kelly is literally my ultimate goals, she is Canadian writer living in LA with three kids, a dog and two cats. I first started following her on Twitter and I was dying at her tweets, but once she moved to snapchat it got even funnier! Her first book was hilarious so when she announces a second one I was so excited. This book touches heavier subjects, like Kelly’s anxiety, moving to LA and her “It's not okay” campaign, which I read through it since the beginning (do spend some time reading about it, really important cause).
Este libro es un obligatorio para todas las mujeres (los hombres también puede). Kelly es literalmente mi modelo a seguir, es una escritora canadiense que vive en Los Ángeles con sus tres hijos, un perro y dos gatos. La empecé a seguir en Twitter y me moría de risa con sus tweets, pero desde que se muda a Snapchat es aún más graciosa. Su primer libro fue muy divertido, por eso me emocione cuando vi que iba a sacar otro. Este libro toca temas más fuertes como la ansiedad de Kelly, su mudanza a LA y su campaña “it's not okay”, la cual leí de ella en Twitter desde que empezó (por favor lean sobre ella, es una causa muy importante).


Photo credit: Hollywood Reporter

Game of Thrones
IS YOUR MIND BLOWN? MINE IS! How crazy was this last season? I think I died at least once in each episode. I love Game of Thrones, and we had a new episode every week throughout the whole month of August to kill the Sunday blues.
¿TE VOLÓ LA CABEZA? ¡LA MIA SI! ¿Que loca fue está temporada? Creo que me morí un poco en cada episodio. Amo Game of Thrones y tuvimos un episodio nuevo una vez por semana durante el mes de agosto para matar la amargura de domingo.




Everybody -Logic
I started listening to Logic just this week after his performance at the VMAs. I was touch  with the message he spreads and was even more obsessed once I listened to his whole album and realize how he talks about serious issues, like mental health and racism. I was never into rap that much but Logic truly went out there and made me love this album.
Empecé a escuchar a Logic está semana después de verlo en los VMAs. Estaba conmovida por su mensaje y me obsesione aun mas cuando escuche su CD completo y me di cuenta que habla de temas serios, como la salud mental y el racismo. Nunca me había gustado el rap mucho pero Logic cambió todo y me enamore de su CD.


What were your favorites this month?
Love

Pili


You can also find me in: Twitter and Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment