Sunday, August 27, 2017

5 Things to Consider if you are Moving Abroad




Have you notice something different? I have my own domain now! I’m actually so happy, it took me so long and so many error messages but I finally got it.
Anyways, you may or may not know that I had live abroad for 5 and half years which has been the most amazing experience in my life. Living abroad changes your entire head and to me is one of those things that has really shaped me. I’m really hoping to still do some moving once I finish uni. Here are a few things that I learned about moving abroad:
¿Notan algo diferente? ¡Ahora tengo mi propio domain! Estoy muy contenta, tarde mucho y después de muchos mensajes de error, por fin lo tengo.
Quizás sepas que viví en el extranjero por 5 años y medio los cuales fueron las mejores experiencias de mi vida. Vivir afuera te cambia la cabeza y es una de esas cosas que en serio me convirtió en la persona que soy. Espero volver a vivir afuera una vez que termine la universidad. Acá hay un par de cosas que aprendí viviendo afuera:


Learn about the new culture
I didn’t do this before moving into any of the countries I lived and I highly regretted. I say before you move read the countries Wikipedia page or try finding a few posts on pinterest, there are plenty! I’ve been saving a few for some of the country I want to move one day. It is a great way to be prepare to what you might approach and understand the country better.

Aprende sobre la nueva cultura
No hice esto antes de mudarme a ningún país y me arrepiento bastante. Creo que antes de mudarte tenes que leer su página de Wikipedia o buscar en pinterest sobre el país, ¡hay millones! Estoy guardando varios posts en pinterest de los países que me quiero mudar algún día. Es una gran manera para prepararse a lo que te vas a enfrentar y entender el mejor el país.




Pay attention to what others are doing
An important thing I’ve learned was to watch locals. See how they act, see what they are doing so you can imitate. Cultures are different, every country is different so try and pay attention to what others are doing before you act. For example, Paraguayans greet by giving two kisses on the cheek while argentineans we give a kiss on the cheek, so if I had gone right away to greet people I would have experienced a rather awkward situation.

Prestar atención a lo que hacen los demás
Algo importante que aprendí es: observar a los locales. Ver cómo actúan, ver que hace para imitarlos. Las culturas son diferentes, todos los países son diferentes, así que trata de prestar atención cómo actúan los otros antes de actuar. Por ejemplo, en Paraguay para saludar a la gente se le da dos besos en el cachete mientras que en Argentina es uno solo, mirar lo que hacía la gente me evito un cruce muy incómodo.

Listen
This one is kind of like the previous one. But make sure you listen to people, not only to learn about the culture but also, they have interesting stories. I really love listening to people from different countries, and their stories. You learn so much about new cultures, which can be pretty interesting.

Escuchar
Está es parecida a la anterior. Pero asegúrate de escuchar a las personas, no solo para aprender de ellos sino también porque tienen historias interesante. Me encanta escuchar a gente de otros países y sus historia. Puedes aprender tanto, sobre otras culturas especialmente, y puede llegar a ser muy interesante.



Respect the culture
Cultures are really important to people. Don’t laugh, don’t make fun of it because people would be offended. No matter how strange or absurd something might sound, respect it. A lot of people consider their culture part of their identity, so don’t laugh or disrespect it, you’ll only get on their bad side.
Respeta la cultura
Las culturas son importante para las personas. No te rias de ellas, no hagas chistes de ellas porque las personas se puede ofender. No importa que tan raro o absurdo suene algo, respetalo. Muchas personas consideran su cultura parte de su identidad, no te rías o le faltes el respeto, solo vas a dar una mala impresión.




Be open minded
Cultures and traditions can be really strange or random, be open to them. Like the previous item, don’t make fun of it. Be sure you are really ready to have what you are use to change or leave behind some traditions you had. For example, we eat really late here in Argentina and I know most people from the USA had to get use to that ones they moved here.
Tener una mente abierta
Las culturas y las tradiciones pueden ser extrañas o inesperadas, se abierto a ellas. Cómo el ítem anterior, no te burles. Además, asegurate de estar listo a cambiar algunos hábitos y dejar alguna tradición que tenías en casa. Por ejemplo, en Argentina es normal comer tarde y se que muchos que vienen de EEUU tiene que acostumbrarse a eso cuando se mudan aca.

Have you ever lived abroad?

Love
Pili

Follow me: Twitter//Instagram//Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment