Thursday, October 26, 2017

How to Cure a Writer's block




Writer’s block. Anyone who has ever written or wanted to has gone through it. The worst part is when you have a deadline or when you have all these ideas, but nothing comes out. I found some techniques that help me get inspired. Hope they help you too!
Bloqueo de escritor. Todos aquellos que escribieron o quisieron hacerlo, pasaron por esto. Lo peor es cuando tenes una fecha limite o cuando tenes todas estas ideas, pero no sale nada. Encontré un par de técnicas que me ayudan a inspirarme. ¡Espero que les sirve a ustedes!

Re-read.

I’m not sure where I read this but re-reading your old stuff can be so helpful. I go back and read what I’ve written probably 70% time I want to write. To be honest, it usually helps me more whenever I’m writing more creative stuff rather than academic or blogging. But going back and re-reading can help you fall back in love with what you have.
Releer.  No sé dónde leí esto pero releer cosas viejas puede ser de gran ayuda. Probablemente el 70% de las veces que escribo vuelvo a lo que ya escribí y lo leo. La verdad es que me ayuda más que nada cuando tengo que escribir algo más creativo. Pero volver a leer lo que ya escribir me ayuda a recordar y enamorarme de lo que tengo.



                  Search in what's already written


I don’t know if this happens to everyone, but I have a key movie and a key book that I love to go back to get inspiration from. Whenever I read the book and watch the movie I fell in love with the idea of writing all over again. It also helps to read other people’s blog or articles when you are a bit lost as to what to write for your blog or school work. Always be careful not to plagiarize though!
Busca en lo que ya está escrito. No sé si esto les pasa a todos, pero tengo una película y un libro clave que me encanta ver y leer para inspirarme. Cuando leo este libro y veo esta película me enamoro con la idea de escribir todo de vuelta. También me ayuda leer los blogs de otras personas o artículos cuando estoy un poco perdida con que hacer para el blog o trabajo de la facultad. ¡Siempre tengan cuidado del plagio!


Go for a walk

We are sometimes stuck in this horrible writer’s block staring at the paper or screen and pulling our hairs out asking: what now? Step away from the screen or paper. Get up and go for a walk, take some time to breath fresh air. Your brain needs distractions and air after sitting on a desk for too long. So, take the time to walk your dog, or go for a run!
Salí a caminar. A veces estamos atrapados en un bloqueo y miras la pantalla o papel, te agarras el pelo y preguntas: ¿Y ahora qué? Aléjate de la pantalla, o el papel. Levántate y Sali a caminar, tomate un tiempo para respirar aire fresco. Tu cerebro necesita una distracción y aire después de estar sentado en un escritorio por mucho tiempo. Así que, ¡saca a pasear a tu perro o salir a correr!

 Talk to people


Whenever I question where my inspiration comes from I say, people. Hearing what people have to say, their stories or even eavesdropping conversation can be so useful. My blog post comes from things people asked me and my stories and poems from other people’s experiences. People have a lot to say and a lot to tell. Listen.
Habla con la gente. Cuando me pregunto de donde viene la inspiración siempre digo “las personas”. Escuchar lo que dicen las personas, sus historias o hasta escuchar conversaciones ajenas puede ser muy útil. Mis publicaciones del blog vienen de lo que me preguntan las personas y mis historias y poemas de las experiencias de las personas. Las personas tienen mucho que decir y mucho para contar. Escucha.


How do you cure a writer’s block?

Love

Pili

No comments:

Post a Comment