Tuesday, October 17, 2017

How I Stay Motivated





This is a little reminder for myself more than anything. I’ve been kind of missing here lately mainly because of school, mental health, and all the yadda yadda. It has been a rough week and I’m slowly trying to recover from the madness. When we have these types of weeks I lose who I am and who I want to be. I lose my motives. There is this big self-doubt cloud above me that tells me “just quit” or “drop it” and it’s hard to push it aside, it is hard to ignore it. Whenever I feel like this I like to keep in mind a few things to stay motivated:
Esto es un recordatorio para mi más que nada. Estuve media desaparecida por acá últimamente, más que nada por la universidad, mi salud mental y todo ese bla bla. Fue una semana complicada y estoy tratando de recuperarme de la locura. Cuando tengo este tipo de semanas pierdo quien soy y quien quiero ser. Pierdo mis motivos. Hay una gran nube arriba mío diciendo me: “renuncia” o “date de baja” y es difícil empujar esto a un lado, es difícil de ignorarlo. Cuando me siento así me gusta tener en mente un par de cosas:




Remember why you started

There is a big reason why you are here and why you are doing what you are doing. Whether is a blog, a career, running or whatever your journey is, remember why you wanted to do this. Your entire journey has a meaning from begging to end, remember why you started in the first place.
Acordate porque empezaste
Hay una razón por la cual estas acá y porque haces lo que hace. Sea un blog, una carrera, correr o lo que sea tu trayecto, acordate porque queres hacer esto. Toda tu travesía tiene un significando de principio a fin, acordate porque empezaste en primer lugar.





Write your goals

We all start a journey with goals in mind. Have a clear vision of what you want, and write it down. If you want, go into details, write everything you want, from the smallest bit to the biggest part. Write it down.
Escribí tu objetivo
Todos empezamos un trayecto con una meta en la mente. Tené una visión clara de lo que queres y escribila. Si queres, hacelo con muchos detalles, escribí todo lo que queres desde lo más pequeño hasta lo más grande. Escribilo.











Picture your goals
If you are a more visual person picture it! Create a board on Pinterest or Instagram and visit it daily, to remind yourself what’s the meaning behind whatever you are doing. I also know a few people who like to put it as a phone wallpaper (mine is Karlie Kloss because her life is goals).
Proyéctate tu objetivo
Si sos una persona más visual, proyéctate tu objetivo. Crea un tablero en Pinterest o Instagram, y visítalo todos los días para recordarte el significado detrás de lo que estas haciendo. Conozco personas que les gusta usarlo como fondo de pantalla (el mío es Karlie Kloss porque su vida es goals).

Prove them wrong
And finally, this is my favorite quote to repeat in my head when I feel like quitting. Prove them wrong. Prove everyone who told you, you wouldn’t make it, prove those who didn’t believe in you. Prove people you can do it, prove people anyone can do it.
Demostrales que están mal
Por último, esta es la frase que más me repito en mi cabeza cuando quiero renunciar. Demostrarles que están mal. Demostrarles a todas esas personas que te dijeron que no lo podrías hacer, demostrales a esos que no te creían. Demostrarle a la gente que podes, demostrales que todos podemos hacer de todo.

How do you stay motivated?
Love

Pili

No comments:

Post a Comment