Tuesday, January 2, 2018

My 2018 Resolutions



There is something about this new year that is giving me hope that it will be a great year. I don’t know why but there are some good vibes about 2018, so I am excited to start the new year. I feel like 2017 was a good year for me but 2018 really has something up and I don’t know what it is but I am 100% looking forward to it. I wrote a list of my resolutions for this year which I hope to achieve:
Hay algo de este año que me da esperanza de que va a ser un gran año. No sé qué es, pero tengo buenas vibras para 2018, por eso estoy emocionada por empezar el año nuevo. Siento que 2017 fue un buen año para mí, pero 2018 me espera con algo y no sé qué es, pero estoy 100% anhelando. Escribí una lista de algunas metas que tengo para este año:
   

   1.   I’ll just be reputation
Am I Taylor Swift? I did get inspired by her with this resolution. It happened few times that I will post a poem online and suddenly everyone was picking to see who it was or texting me what it meant. Or a blog post or a tweet.  I am so tired of explaining who I am, what I do and why I act like that. So, I decided that this year I am not explaining myself anymore. People are going to talk no matter what I say and do, so I might as well do whatever it makes me happy.
Voy a ser mi reputación. Muy Taylor Swift de mi parte. Ella me inspiro con esta resolución. Me paso un par de veces que subo un poema en internet y de repente todos quieren saber sobre que se trata y sobre quien es o me mandan mensajes preguntándome. O con un blog post o con un tweet. Estoy cansada de tener que explicar quién soy, que hago y como actuó. Entonces, decidí que este año no voy a explicar más lo que hago o escribo. Las personas van hablar sin importar lo que haga o diga, así que voy hacer lo que me haga feliz.
  


   2.   Be nice
I always try to be as nice as possible and every year I work harder and harder for it. I know that from my blog I might seem like a nice person, which I am most time but sometimes I feel like I judge people too much or I can be rude. So, I want to be as nice as possible this year.
Ser buena. Siempre trato de ser mejor persona y todos los años trabajo para mejorarlo. Sé que en mi blog parezco buena persona, lo cual lo soy la mayor parte del tiempo, pero siento que a veces juzgo mucho a las personas o puedo ser mala. Así que este año voy a ser lo más buena posible.


    3.   Be more eco friendly
I tried so hard to be eco-friendly this year. I carry my own water bottle, I recycle as much as I can and use as little paper as I can. I want to continue this year and try to spread the message to anyone that I can.
Ser más respetuosa con el medio ambiente. Este año trabaje bastante para cuidar más el medio ambiente. Llevaba mi propia botella de agua, reciclaba lo más que podía y use la menor cantidad de papel posible. Quiero seguir así este año y difundir el mensaje lo mejor que pueda.



   4.   Quitting soda
I tried all this a few years ago and did pretty good. I want to start again this year to stay healthy. So, I really want to stick to water and natural juices.
Dejar las gaseosas. Traté esto hace unos años e hice un buen trabajo. Quiero volver hacerlo este año para estar más sana. Entonces este año solo voy a tomar agua y jugos naturales.
   

   5.   Surround with positivity
I’ve been trying to do this for a while last year: remove all the negativity from my life. I am tired of being surrender by negative people and negative things. I would much rather be surrounded by a few people who are positive than with people who drain out the energy out of me. This can also be applied to social media. I am doing a social media cleanses and only keeping those that bring joy and motivate me. I don’t need to see those tweets about failing in life or those Instagram posts about feeling ugly. I just want positive people in my timeline.
Rodearme de positividad. Vengo tratando de hacer esto hace rato este año: sacar toda la negatividad de mi vida. Estoy cansada de estar rodeada de gente negativa y cosas negativas.  Prefiero estar rodeada de pocas personas que son positivas antes que estar rodeada de personas que me sacan las energías. Esto también lo puedo aplicar a las redes sociales. Voy hacer una limpieza de redes sociales y solo mantener aquellos que me traigan felicidad y me motiven. No quiero ver los tweets sobre los fracasos de la vida o Instagram de personas que no se siente cómodas con ellas mismas. Solo quiero gente positiva en mi feed de redes sociales.



  6.   Ran 10k – 20k
I wanted to run 10k this year but I hurt my knee back in May and I had to spent 2 months without exercising. This year I hope I can get to 10k and maybe even run half a marathon. My goal is to run a marathon at some point in my life and these are just some small steps.
Correr 10k-20k. Quería correr 10k este año, pero me lastimé la rodilla en mayo y estuve dos meses sin hacer ejercicio. Espero que este año pueda llegar a los 10k y hasta correr media maratón. Mi meta es correr una maratón en algún momento de mi vida y estos son pequeños pasos.
   


   7.    Write more poetry
I’ve always been shy about my poetry because it felt too personal. But after my first goal I feel like it is time to stop caring about it and keep on writing. I even created an Instagram to write more and to share it.
Escribir más poesía. Siempre fui muy tímida con mi poesía porque la sentía muy personal. Pero después de mi primer objetivo tengo que dejar de darle tanta importancia y seguir escribiendo. Hasta hice un Instagram para escribir más y compartirlo.

What are your goals this year?
Love

Pili

No comments:

Post a Comment