Sunday, August 13, 2017

Street Art Around the Globe

I never really appreciated art. I hate to say this but it is actually the truth. I was never into traditional art. Until, I realized I really love street art, and not just street art but modern art. Whatever looks weird and dumb to people, I’m into it. I love art that has a lot of colors, and I feel like that is what street art is. Street art has so much color, it has beautiful messages and people are doing it just to spread their messages and not to sell anything. It is free and that is real art, wanting to spread a message and not just to win money.
Nunca aprecié mucho el arte. Odio decir esto, pero es la verdad. Nunca estuve muy metida en el arte tradicional. Hasta que me di cuenta que me encanta el arte callejero y no solo el callejero sino también el arte moderno. Cualquier cosa que a las personas les parece raro y estúpido, a mi me encanta. Me encanta el arte que tiene colores y siento que así es el arte callejero. El arte callejero es muy colorido, casi siempre tiene un gran significado y los artistas lo hacen para comunicar su mensaje y no para vender.


Whenever I travel I really am in the look out for street art. So I thought I’ll share a few pieces I found in different cities:
Cada vez que viajo siempre estoy viendo si encuentro arte callejero. Entonces, pensé en compartirles lo que encontraba en las diferentes ciudades:


Berlin






















Berlin is the city of street art. Everywhere you turn in this city you find art. If you are a fan of street art like me there are two places you should go: East Side Gallery and Haus Schwarzenberg. East Side Gallery, is the actual Berlin wall, but instead of separating the city, it serves as an art gallery. Most of the art there it related to freedom and peace, which I found quite inspiring. Haus Schwarzenberg, is a hidden alley in Mitten, which I literally stumbled upon. The place is filled with amazing art as well as really nice bars.
Berlín es la ciudad del arte callejero. Donde dobles en está ciudad vas a encontrar arte. Si sos fan del arte como yo, te recomiendo estos dos lugares para ir:  East side gallery y Haus Schwarzenberg. East Side Gallery, es el muro de Berlín, pero en vez de dividir la ciudad, sirve como una galería de arte al aire libre. La mayoría de las obras allí son sobre la paz y la libertad, lo cual encuentro bastante inspirador. Haus Schwarzenberg es un callejón escondido en Mitten, el cual literalmente encontré por casualidad. El lugar está lleno de arte callejero y bares.


Prague







I talked about Prague’s street art in my Prague travel diary. I did find a few street art as I walked in Prague but where you can really see the street art is the John Lennon’s wall. Where the messages are also about peace and unity.
Hable del arte callejero de Praga en mi entrada sobre Praga. Encontré un poco de arte callejera mientras caminaba por Praga pero en el mural de John Lennon es donde vas a encontrar más que nada. El mural al igual que el East Side Gallery está lleno de mensajes sobre la paz.

Krakow




Krakow was pretty hectic for me, since I was at World Youth Day and I didn’t stop to take many pictures. But I did found some nice street art which both of them made me smile ;).
Cracovia fue bastante agitado para mi porque estábamos en la Jornada Mundial de la Juventud y no paré mucho a sacar fotos, pero sí encontre arte callejero que me hizo sonreír ;).


Buenos Aires




Buenos Aires is my current home and my hometown, I am aware of the amount of graffitis it has. I’ve been dying to do the graffiti tour here for a while, and I might do it this summer. Everytime I go downtown I find amazing street art, unfortunately most time I forget to take a pictures. I promise I’ll try to take more often.
Ps: I know that the neighborhoods that carry the most street art are: Palermo, Colegiales, Villa Crespo, Congreso, Barracas, Montserrat and La Boca.
Buenos Aires es donde estoy viviendo actualmente y mi ciudad natal, y se la cantidad de graffitis que tiene. Tengo muchas ganas de hacer el tour de graffitis acá hace bastante y capaz lo haga este verano. Siempre que voy a Buenos Aires encuentro arte increíble, pero por desgracia muchas veces me olvido de sacar foto (je). Prometo tratar de sacar fotos más seguido.
PS: se que los lugares donde hay más arte son: Palermo, Colegiales, Villa Crespo, Congreso, Barracas, Montserrat y La Boca.


Miami























Miami is the home of the amazing Wynwood Walls, if you are in Miami you can not miss it. I know it might be different now since I was there in 2015, but I know it is still amazing! Wynwood Walls is a gallery which carries amazing murals, but if you walked around the neighborhood you’ll also find more buildings with amazing patterns and drawing on them. Also, remember to look down, since artist leave their marks on the floor as well!
Miami es el hogar de Wynwood Walls, si estas en Miami no te lo podes perder. Se que ahora debe estar muy diferente ya que yo estuve en 2015, pero se que aun debe ser increíble. Es una galería que tiene murales increíbles pero si caminas por el barrio encontras todavía más cosas, edificios pintados y dibujos. ¡Siempre mira el piso ya que los artistas también dejan sus marcas ahí!


What city do you think I should go to find street art? Please let me know!
Love

Pili

No comments:

Post a Comment