Tuesday, August 8, 2017

How to be an Early Bird





They say “the early bird catches the worm” and for me that is something I live by. Waking up early is hard, I know, but for an early bird like me, getting up early is really important and helps me with my productivity. If you are struggling to get up in the morning, here are some tips:
Se dice: “el que madruga, Dios lo ayuda” y eso es importante para mí. Despertarse temprano es difícil, lo se, pero para una madrugadora como yo, despertarse temprano es importante y me ayuda a ser productiva. Si te cuesta levantarte a la mañana, acá hay unos consejos:




Make a list before you go to bed
Being organized is key here. I like making list to remember what I have to do the next day, once you organize all your thoughts and chores you’ll have an idea on everything you need to do. If you know what you have to do, you’ll wake up early and know what to do instead of procrastinating.
Haz una lista antes de ir a dormir
Ser organizado es clave aquí. Me gusta hacer una lista para acordarme que tengo que hacer el día siguiente. Una vez que los pensamientos y tareas están organizadas vas a tener una de lo que tenes que hacer. Si sabes que tenes que hacer, te vas a levantar y hacer las cosas en vez de distraerte.


Drink coffee
Now, I need to tell the truth: I haven't drank coffee in two weeks and half. But when I’m really tired from staying up late or because I was studying the night before, I know coffee would always save me. It always gives you energy and motivation to work.
Toma café
Tengo que decir la verdad, ahora: no tomo café hace 2 semanas y media. Pero cuando estoy muy cansada por quedarme hasta tarde o porque estuve estudiando la noche anterior, se que el café me va a ayudar. Siempre te da energía y motivación para trabajar.





Set up alarms
I’m a weird human here. I only need one alarm. Yes, I actually wake up the second my alarm rings. But, if you struggle waking up, I know many people who use this technique and actually works. Set up many alarms in case you either sleep through one or hit snooze in your sleep.
Poner una alarma
Soy una persona rara acá. Necesito solo una alarma. Sí, me despierto el segundo que mi alarma suena. Pero, si te cuesta despertarte, se que a muchas personas usan esta técnica y les sirve. Programar muchas alarmas en caso de que duermas a través de una o aprietes “posponer” estando dormido.

Put your alarm/phone far from the bed
Do you ever wake up, grab your phone and spend 20 minutes just laying in bed going through social media? I’m guilty of this. Putting your phone or alarm far from the bed would force you to get up and press stop on the annoying alarm, and once you are up, you are up and ready to start the day.
Poner tu alarma/teléfono lejos de la cama
¿Te despertas, agarras el teléfono y estas 20 minutos en tu cama mirando las redes sociales? Soy culpable de esto. Poner tu teléfono o alarma lejos de la cama te obliga a pararte y parar el molesto ruido de la alarma y una vez que estás arriba, estás arriba y listo para empezar.





Prepare your clothes/bag the night before
I’ve been doing this since I was in kindergarten. My mom always told me to prepare my clothes and bag before school, so in the morning I’m not missing my sweater or a sock and I’m ready to go faster than if I was looking for what to wear that day.
Prepara la ropa/mochila el día anterior
Hago esto desde que estoy en el jardín. Mi mamá siempre me dijo que prepare mi ropa y mochila la noche antes de ir al colegio. Así a la mañana no me falta un sweater o una media y estoy lista para irme rápido.


Have a good breakfast
Sometimes you need some food motivation to get out of bed. Prepare a nice breakfast the day before so when you are up, you are excited to eat your breakfast.
Come un buen desayuno
Aveces, uno necesita una comida motivacional para salir de la cama. Prepara algo rico desayuno el día anterior, así cuando te levantes estas emocionado por desatinar.

I hope this list was helpful and you can become an early bird like me!
Are you an early bird? What tricks do you have to get up in the morning?
Love

Pili

No comments:

Post a Comment