Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Favorite Oscar Looks




First, hi, hello. I am alive. I went MIA like I usually do when its exam period to concentrate on my finals. But I am back! And today I want to talk about the Oscars. I’m not going to mention the winners because I am a bit sad a few of my favorites didn’t win. But I did get excited about the Latin-American representation present on the awards. Anyways, I went through all the after party and red-carpet pictures and picked a few of my favorites outfits:
Primero, hola. Estoy viva. Desaparecí como siempre en las épocas de exámenes para concentrarme en ellos. ¡Pero volví! Y hoy quiero hablar de los Oscars. No voy a mencionar a los ganadores porque estoy un poco triste que algunos de mis favoritos no hayan ganado. Pero si me emocionó toda la representación latinoamericana que hubo en los premios. Más allá de eso, investigué todas las fotos de la fiesta y la alfombra roja y elegí algunos de mis estilos favoritos:


Black with details

From left to right: Abbie Cornish in Christian Siriano; Emily Blunt in Alexander McQueen; Amber Valleta in Saint Lauren

Adriana Lima in Alberta Ferretti; Taraji P. Henson in Vera Wang; Elsa Hosk in Alberta Ferretti

Emma Watson in Ralph Lauren; Sofia Boutella in Prada; Lupita Nyong'o in Armani Prive

Miley Cyrus in Prabal Gurung; Zoey Deutsch in Dior; Halson Sage in J. Mendel
Black has been a big color these past awards shows, for the Time’s up movement. Different women have found different ways to show their support and look amazing. I love the idea of wearing black and adding details in different colors or patterns.
Negro con detalles. El negro ha sido un color muy presente en los últimos premios, por el movimiento Time’s up. Diferentes mujeres buscaron diferentes formas de mostrar su apoyo y verse increíble. Me encanta la idea de usar negro y agregarle detalles de diferentes colores o diseños.


Yellow mellow

Sarah Paulson in Marc Jacobs; Eiza Gonzalez in Ralph Lauren; Greta Gerwig in Rodante
Yellow looks like it’s coming at full force this season. I’ve been noticing it everywhere in the stores and I really like it. I struggle a bit with it, due to my skin complexion but I might give it a try.
Amarillo suave.  Parece que el amarrillo viene con fuerza esta temporada. Me estoy dando cuenta que lo veo en todos los negocios y me gusta mucho. Me cuesta un poco por mi tono de piel, pero capaz lo pruebe este año.


Matching the red carpet

Emma Stone in Louis Vuitton; Rita Ora in Zuhair Murad; Sofia Carson in Giambattista Valli
Matching the red carpet is no big deal these days, everyone is doing it and everyone looks amazing. Red was big last year after everyone started sporting the Louis Vuitton black and red bags and finding ways to match it. I hope to see more of red these next seasons.
Combinado con la alfombra roja. Combinar con la alfombra roja no es una gran cosa estos días, todos lo hacen y se ven increíbles. El rojo fue bastante fuerte el año pasado después de que Louis Vuitton haya sacado las carteras rojas y negras y la gente buscaba diferentes maneras para combinarlas. Espero ver más rojo esta temporada.


Keeping the pastels

Elisabeth Moss in Dior; Saoirse Ronan in Calvin Klein

Emily Blunt in Schiparelli; Mirai Nagasu in Todashi Shoji

Pastels were also a huge trend last year. Looks like they are staying. I did mention before that I love this trend and I am so happy to see it around.  The soft colors always look warm and delicate.
Manteniendo los pasteles.  Los colores pasteles fueron una tendencia muy grande el año pasado. Parece que se quedan este año también.  Mencione antes que me encanta esta tendencia y estoy muy feliz que siga por aquí.  Los colores suaves siempre parecen muy cálidos y delicados.

Shining like an Oscar

Sandra Bullock in Louis Vuitton; Ashley Graham in Rubin Singer; Beanie Feldstein in Sachon & Babi

Dee Heminway in Valentino; Lupita Nyong'o in Versace; Olivia Wilde in Roberto Cavalli 
Abigail Spencer in Oscar de la Renta; Hailey Baildwin in Versace; Romee Strijd in Bo.Bo


Zoey Deutsch in Elie Saab; Sienna Miller in Miu Miu; Margot Robbie in Chanel

Margot Robbie in Chanel; Sally Hawkins in Armani Privee; Zendaya in Gianattist Valli
Now, this trend is something rather new. I have been seeing so many people wearing little shiny details or even an entire outfit. And I love it! It really does add up to an outfit and I might pick up a few ideas for my outfits.
Brillando como un Oscar. Esta tendencia si es nueva. He visto a muchas personas usando un poco de detalles con brillos o hasta todo un outfit. ¡Me encanta! Le agrega mucho a un outfit y voy a tomar un par de ideas para mis outfits.

Keeping it nude, keeping it classy



Eve Henson in Oscar de la Renta; Kate Bosworth in Dior

Abbie Cornish in Elie Saab; Allison WIlliwams in Armani; Gina Rodriguez in Zuhair Murad

Nude is a such a timeless trend. You can never go wrong with a nude dress. What I love about this how they are all unique in their own way, they might all be nude, but they are all so different.
Manteniéndolo nude, manteniéndolo clásico.  La tendencia nude es una eterna. No podés estar mal con un vestido nude.  Lo que me encanta de estos vestidos es como son todos únicos a su propia manera, todos son nudes, pero son muy diferentes.

Which one was your favorite?

Love
Pili

Photo credits: Vogue, Just Jared


Twitter – Bloglovin’ – Instagram – Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment