Wednesday, March 9, 2016

How to survive your first year at university






This week I started my second year at university. Even though, last year was a hard one, I’m starting this one with high spirit and hoping to be a better one. Luckily I was able to survive, not by myself with a lot of help from friends and family, and in case you are a freshmen this year and you feel completely lost, which we all did, here are a few tips to get by your first year.
                                                                              
  1.    Use an agenda.

I know I’ve been saying this a lot but, an agenda helps you so much, especially in the first year. You’ll get ask for assignments, reading, exams, etc. an agenda will help you to remind you once you get home.

   2.      Re read your class.

It took me a while to realize how helpful this is. Not only are you getting yourself a head for the exam, but when you get back to class you will not be so lost.

  3.    Don’t stack up work.

I think it is so much better to do your homework as soon as you get it, because then you’ll get more and more work, but little time. So it is always better to do your work as soon as possible.

  4.    Take some time off, everyday

Everyday remember to take some time off to do something you like. Do not spend all day with work from university, take some time to read, go for a run or whatever you like to do. You’ll be more relax, and will go back to your assignment feeling fresh.

  5.    Buy all the materials.

Even though they cost a fortune, buy all the books you need and read them, of course.

  6.    Weekends are your days off, not every day.

This year, I promised myself I was hanging out with friends only on weekends, last year I will get distracted and do not do my homework. Even tough lunch with friends sounds amazing on Wednesday, you’ll stack up on work. By the way, if this is your activity to get your mind off, go ahead.

  7.    Learn to fail and learn from that.

You will fail, and you’ll hate it but you will eventually learn from your mistake. Maybe you didn’t study enough or you did not get enough sleep, so you know for next time.
Love

Pili

No comments:

Post a Comment